(Click HERE for a map)
Subway / T
- Take the red line to Harvard Square.
- Go north through Harvard Yard.
- Pass through a gate toward the Science Center.
- Make a slight right turn on to the small path between the Science Center and Memorial Hall (a red brick building).
- Turn right on Kirkland Street and proceed 1.5 blocks. William James Hall (a 15-story, white building) will be on your left.
Please note that parking for our studies is very limited -- if you need to drive to William James Hall, please be sure to check with the study team to see if a parking pass is available.
From the NORTH via Mass Ave (from Arlington and Somerville)
- Go south on MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE to Cambridge. A few blocks after Porter Square, on the left, you will see Garfield, Sacramento, Wendell, Mellen, and then Everett Streets.
- Go left onto EVERETT STREET. Everett is one block long, ending at Oxford Street.
Go right onto OXFORD STREET. Stay on Oxford all the way to the end, where it bends sharply left and becomes KIRKLAND STREET. Continue on Kirkland Street for one block.
Take your first left onto DIVINITY AVENUE.
Take your first right into the parking lot behind William James Hall.
From the SOUTH and EAST via Mass Ave (from Central Square)
- Take Mass Ave. north toward Harvard Square.
- After the fork meeting Mt. Auburn St. (past Central Square), get into the right lane of Mass. Ave.
- Follow Mass. Ave. as it bears right entering Harvard Square (the Yard will be to your right).
- The road splits, you want to stay right - you will then see a green sign for Kirkland, Cambridge, and Broadway Streets, go under the underpass and get into the left lane immediately (Firehouse on your right).
- At the first light, take a left on Quincy St.
- Go one block to the light at Kirkland St., and you will see William James Hall diagonally to the right (see picture, tall white building).
- Take a right on Kirkland St. and zigzag an immediate left onto Divinity Ave.
- Take your first right into the parking lot behind William James Hall.